Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

February MyGlam Bag

Ah, MyGlam. Just another thing to add to my list of unnecessary purchases this month.
For those that don't know, MyGlam is a monthly cosmetics/skincare bag created by YouTube beauty guru Michelle Phan and endorsed by several others. It's essentially like Birchbox only without the customization. The company has gotten many mixed reviews over product selection and general shipping issues, but even with these...warnings, I decided to give it a go!

I actually ordered the bag in late January, but I think you have to order before the 10th of the current month in order to get that month's bag. A little confusing, but long story short I had to wait a while to get mine.


Click here to see photos and read about what I got:

I had no problem with the shipping as others might have, so point for MyGlam! It arrived in a sparkly pink mailer which made the girl at the post office smile when she gave it to me. 

Here is what I received (Pictures correspond with this list order):
  • Pink Makeup Bag
  • NYX Roll on Shimmer in Taupe
    • "NYX's brand new, intensely rich, shimmering powder that can be applied to the eyes, face, and body. "
    • Erm yeah. In my personal opinion, the sparkles went everywhere and if I were to gently blow on the swatch, it would all fly away. If I ever wanted to actually use this, it would be on my eyes since the shade is too dark for my skin tone in general. Even then i'd probably have to press it in and treat it like a loose powder eyeshadow. 
  • Freeman Facial Mask Sachet in Pineapple
    • "Turn your date night prep-time into a soothing spa experience with easy-to-use skin-perfecting masks."
    • Date night prep? More like pathetic attempt at a spa day in the dorm. However, I do love Freeman masks (I have a clay berry one), so i'm actually excited to try this one out. 
  • Chocolate!
    • In that little box are two Ghirardelli squares. Yum! 
  • NuMe Professional Styling Tools and Hair Extensions $100 Gift Card
    • "Enjoy $100 towards NuMe's products. Hair tools that will revolutionize your everyday look."
    • Now, before you get too excited like I did, please see my rant about this after the pictures. Also, "revolutionize" my look? I'm pretty sure these products are nothing new or exciting...
  • X Out Shine Control
    • "Stay flawless and shine free with this oil-free moisturizer with a mattifying complex."
    • I'm not too keen on adding new things to my skin care regimen now that I think I have a good one. However, I do use a face primer to matte up my face, so maybe i'll give this a go next time. 
  • Premier Dead Sea Cinderella Mask
    • "Luxury skincare rich in life-enhancing minerals from the Dead Sea waters."
    • And again..."life-enhancing"!? If this product can manage to ace my exams and give me a neck massage everyday then i'll agree to it's "enhancing" properties. Also, as I said before, i'm iffy about new skin care products, but i'll consider trying it.. 








Aaaand now for the rants...

A little disappointed that I only got one makeup product (one that I probably won't use much, at that).

ALSO, I am a little annoyed with the "gift card". It can only be used on styling products or hair extensions. Of course ALL of the styling products are over $100, so in the end i'd have to pay over $50 if I wanted something! Isn't the whole point of MyGlam to get to try things just for $10? All I can afford to get without paying with my own money is maybe 3 feather extensions...which i'd never wear myself. 

Sighh....The card expires in August so I guess i'll wait and see if I really need something by then. 

The rest is decent and i'm sure i'll be trying all of them at least once.

OVERALL 
Not too happy with it. I suppose it covers the $10 fee, but not to the extent that i'd like. 
However, I will stick with it for the March bag and if that one sucks, then byebye MyGlam. 
YOU HEAR ME, MICHELLE PHAN? MAKE IT GOOD! 

Thanks for reading and have a great day xx 

0 comments:

Post a Comment